[mercury-users] Your postings about the prospective IDE.

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue Oct 24 08:00:41 AEST 2006

I suggested that SWI Prolog's XPCE might make a good substrate
for a Mercury IDE.

"Jonathan Morgan" <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> said:
	In general, I am more interested in looking at how declarative,
	functional languages (e.g. Haskell, Clean) handle things than in
	how Prolog handles them, as these languages have a type system
	and feel closer in spirit to Mercury.

What has that got to do with building an IDE for Mercury?
With the single exception of Clean, none of the other suggestions
had anything to do with declarative languages.  Is not the point
at issue "what is a multi-platform substrate that could be used as
the bottom layer of a Mercury IDE", and how is XPCE worse at that
than Tcl/Tk or wxWindows or whatever?