[mercury-users] Your postings about the prospective IDE.

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 21:38:42 AEST 2006

On 20/10/06, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> 2.  You didn't mention SWI Prolog.  SWI Prolog comes with XPCE,
>     an OO GUI kit and Emacs-like editor driven from Prolog.  I would
>     think that anyone used to Mercury would find this the really
>     obvious place to start.

As it happens, I use both Mercury and SWI Prolog, and, even though I
have glanced over XPCE's manual, it would not occur to me to use this
as a source.  In general, I am more interested in looking at how
declarative, functional languages (e.g. Haskell, Clean) handle things
than in how Prolog handles them, as these languages have a type system
and feel closer in spirit to Mercury.

Jon