[mercury-users] Thank you for the improvements!

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Thu Oct 26 01:54:43 AEST 2006

Dear all,

What improvements Mercury has achieved from release 0.10, and
more recently, from 0.12!  The Mercury development team has put
in so much work (the dispersion of std_utils, a stream protocol,
XML support, functional dependencies, and the list goes on), and
I thank you for improving Mercury to be a more precise, and more
general, programming language.

I take it for granted all the collection types I have available to me from
the library ... that is, until I go back to Prolog and must research how
to incorporate somebody else's implementation or roll my own.  With
Melbourne's Mercury collections, difficult tasks in other programming
languages become trivial calls to provided functionality.   This provided
functionality, along with Mercury's type system and the non-deterministic
programming style, is vital for me to complete real-world tasks in industry.

Again, thank you.  You've provided a programming language that has
relevance and has use in industry.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair