[mercury-users] mercury-rotd-2002-02-07 on Sun

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Feb 13 12:14:42 AEDT 2002

On 13-Feb-2002, Michael Day <mikeday at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> > Yes, we have built a binary distribution of mercury-rotd-2002-02-07
> > for sparc-sun-solaris2.7.  However, it is not a "stable" release, i.e.
> > it did not pass all the tests in our test suite.  Currently we're only
> > putting the binary distributions for the stable releases on our ftp site.
> > That's why it's not on the ftp site.
> >
> > Since you specifically asked for it, I'll put this one up on the ftp site
> > (at <ftp://ftp.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/pub/mercury/beta-releases/unstable/>).
> > But beware that it is known to contain bugs...
>
> What about:
>
> 	mercury-0.10.2-beta-2002-01-31.sparc-sun-solaris2.7.tar.gz
>
> Does that release pass the tests?

Yes.

> I have no idea what the difference is
> between the mercury-rotd packages and the mercury-0.10.2-beta packages.

The mercury-rotd packages come from the main branch of our CVS repository.
They include all the latest development that we've done since 0.10 was
released.

The mercury-0.10.2-beta comes from a separate branch of our CVS repository.
This branch is based on 0.10.1 with bug fixes only -- no new development.

> And what kind of bugs are exhibited on Solaris but not on Linux?

Well, lots of bugs can show up only on one platform.

> (I'm assuming the Linux version passes the tests as it was available for
> download...)

Your assumption is correct.