[m-dev.] new release of Mercury

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Oct 20 09:34:32 AEST 1999

On 20-Oct-1999, Erwan Jahier <Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr> wrote:
> What are the steps to add a cvs entry in your extras repository?

You just do a `cvs add' for the directory name.
The only thing to note is that `cvs add' on a directory adds the
(empty) directory to the repository immediately, rather than waiting
until you do `cvs commit', so choose the directory name carefully.

	mkdir extras/opium_m
	cp <whatever> extras/opium_m
	cvs add extras/opium_m
	cvs add extras/opium_m/{README,*.m,*.pl}	# or whatever
	cvs diff -u -N > diff_file

	mail diff_file and cvs log message to mercury-developers

	cvs commit

> | > - Include the collect stuff
> And I forgot to add the "--debug" problem.

What is the `--debug' problem?

> Unfortunately, concerning those 2 last slots, I am completely stuck... The good
> news is that problems migth be related; bad things happen when I call Mercury
> code from C (yes all those calls are wrapped by MR_TRACE_CALL_MERCURY()).
> Anyone help would be gladly accepted.

If you post a diff showing your changes so far, plus a detailed description
of the problem symptoms and how to reproduce the problem, then I'll have
a go at debugging it.