[m-dev.] new release of Mercury

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Wed Oct 20 18:28:06 AEST 1999

| > And I forgot to add the "--debug" problem.
|
| What is the `--debug' problem?

The fact that program compiled with 'mmc --debug' provokes a sigv when
executed within Opium-M. It is due to a loop which is due to the fact that bad
things happen when code defined in debugger_inteface.m is called from
merucry_trace_external.c.

To be more precise, the loop starts the first time such a call is done i.e.
at the call `MR_TRACE_CALL_MERCURY(ML_DI_init_mercury_string(&MR_mmc_options));'.
(I have sent a more detailed description of the problem last week).

I have tried to add that function call in MR_trace_event_internal(), and
everything still worked ok within mdb, so I suppose the problem is related to
runtime options.

| > Unfortunately, concerning those 2 last slots, I am completely stuck... The good
| > news is that problems migth be related; bad things happen when I call Mercury
| > code from C (yes all those calls are wrapped by MR_TRACE_CALL_MERCURY()).
| > Anyone help would be gladly accepted.
|
| If you post a diff showing your changes so far, plus a detailed description
| of the problem symptoms and how to reproduce the problem, then I'll have
| a go at debugging it.

That's very nice of you Fergus. But since I suspect the 2 problems might be
related and since it is quite easy for you to reproduce (*) the so called
`--debug' problem, I am waiting to understand this one to submit you the
collect stuff.

(*) For exemple:
$ mmc --debug hello
$ Opium-M
[Opium-M 1]: run("./hello").
--->SIGV
If you want to use gdb within Opium-M, just type the command `use_gdb'
(available in the last snapshot of Opium-M I've put
at http://www.irisa.fr/lande/jahier/download.html)

--
R1.