[mercury-users] Converting List To List Of Tuples

win1for at yahoo.com win1for at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 15:22:26 AEDT 2010

                Hello,
 I am just a total beginner in mercury and finding it hard to
solve this problem. I want to convert a list to a list of tupples sorted
 from smaller to higher frequenties.  Eg:

string.to_char_list("this is a test")  becomes

OR

[3,2,1,2,1,1,2]  becomes

You can see that the list of tuples are sorted from smaller to higher frequenties.

I am asking if someone can help me to solve this or  point me to a tutorial where i can find more tips to do it.

Thanks for your reply.