[mercury-users] CVS install not working

Ben Mellor cumber at netspace.net.au
Tue Mar 18 18:07:10 AEDT 2008

Hi

I'm a new honours student at Melbourne University, going to be working
on the mercury system for my honours project.

I'm having some trouble doing a CVS install of mercury on my laptop.

I've installed mercury-rotd-2008-03-13, and that seems to have gone
fine.

Next, following the instructions at
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/information/developers/remote_cvs.html,
I've checked out the mercury, mercury-gcc, and tests modules (not sure
whether or not I actually need the mercury-gcc one or not), so I have:

~/mercury/devel/mercury
~/mercury/devel/mercury-gcc
~/mercury/devel/tests

Then I enter ~/mercury/devel/mercury and run ./INSTALL_CVS. It does
stuff for a couple of hours, then fails. The tail of the log looks like:

+ test '!'
-s /home/cumber/mercury/devel/mercury/../tests/UNEXPECTED_FAILED_TESTS
+ test 0 '!=' 0
+ test 0 '!=' 0
+ test 0 '!=' 0
+ test 0 '!=' 0
+ test -s /home/cumber/mercury/devel/mercury/../tests/NOMAKE_DIRS
+ echo 'error exit: some test directories were left out'
error exit: some test directories were left out
+ cat /home/cumber/mercury/devel/mercury/../tests/NOMAKE_DIRS
Could not run tests in directory debugger
Could not run tests in directory tabling
Could not run tests in directory term
Could not run tests in directory warnings
Could not run tests in directory hard_coded
+ exitstatus=1
+ test
-s /home/cumber/mercury/devel/mercury/../tests/FAILED_TESTS_SUMMARY
+ test
-s /home/cumber/mercury/devel/mercury/../tests/EXPECTED_FAILED_TESTS
+ test
-s /home/cumber/mercury/devel/mercury/../tests/UNEXPECTED_FAILED_TESTS
+ echo unexpected test case failures:
unexpected test case failures:
+
cat /home/cumber/mercury/devel/mercury/../tests/UNEXPECTED_FAILED_TESTS
debugger/completion debugger/nondet_stack
debugger/queens
debugger/synth_attr
debugger/synth_attr_impure
debugger/user_event
debugger/user_event_shallow
hard_coded/intermod_unused_args
tabling/fib_stats
tabling/specified_stats
term/pl8_4_2
term/vangelder
warnings/arg_order_rearrangment
++ date
+ echo 'finishing at Tue Mar 18 12:29:18 EST 2008'
finishing at Tue Mar 18 12:29:18 EST 2008
+ exit 1

I believe this is the bootcheck step failing? I'm not sure what to look
at to diagnose/solve this. If anyone can give me any pointers, it would
be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
-- Ben Mellor