[mercury-users] strings and streams, re: writing output to a (string) stream

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Thu Feb 16 09:02:11 AEDT 2006

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your pointer to the streams proposal.  I also like your recommendations for future work (sockets, buffers, etc), as these are useful, practical features that I have used in other programming languages.  (I also was able to review the xmlable typeclass in the ROTD, thank you for that pointer).

Dear Peter,

Strings with embedded nulls.  Unicode?  Would you please share your binary string module implementation?  Do you have using code for examples?

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair