[mercury-users] Deep profiler data corrupted: unwritten nodes

Ondrej Bojar obo at cuni.cz
Fri Dec 22 12:45:33 AEDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to use the deep profiler but the profiled program fails to
prepare Deep.data file correctly:

Mercury runtime: UNWRITTEN nodes: Deep.data file corrupted

As a possible hint, I've noticed that there is a bunch of 'unknown'
procedures in the regular (mprof) profile:

        0.00        2.45       1/1           unknown__134606628 [3]
        0.00        0.00       1/1           unknown__134657636 [190]

Could that be the reason?

These unknown procedures come from an uninstalled library that I link
explicitly with the main program using these extra flags to mmc:

    --search-lib-files-dir $(HOME)/tools/obomerclib/ \
    --link-object \
    $(HOME)/tools/obomerclib/Mercury/$(LIBGRADE)/*/Mercury/as/libtools.a

The search-lib-files-dir is to provide access to interfaces, the
link-object is for the linker. $(LIBGRADE) is set carefully to the same
grade as the main program is compiled in (asm_fast.gc.prof or
asm_fast.gc.profdeep). The library file libtools.a is fresh and ready there.

(I assume the linker would complain if the grades were not compatible,
or the program would not run correctly.)

Thanks, Ondrej.

--
Ondrej Bojar (mailto:obo at cuni.cz)
http://www.cuni.cz/~obo