[mercury-users] install error with rotd 13-12-06 and 13.1

Ben Schmidt b.schmidt at ugrad.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Dec 24 00:48:59 AEDT 2006

> compiling with grade asm_fast.gc.tr.debug I get an error.  Here is a
> copy of the final screen of output from running mmake (the error is at
> the bottom).

Are you sure there is an error? I don't see one; only warnings.

If the linking is causing problems you could try the option

--mercury-linkage shared

(provided your system has all the appropriate shared libraries installed).

I suspect the 'used but never defined' are due to gcc 4.1. (Seems like
they are defined, though, as the linker doesn't seem to grumble that it
can't find them.) From what I can gather, gcc 3.4 is by far the best
compiler to use with Mercury at this time.

I'm new around here, though, so don't fully know what I'm talking about...

Ben.