[mercury-users] Mercury IL and Managed C++

Jonathan Morgan jon.morgan at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 17 23:41:38 AEDT 2005

Peter Ross wrote:

> It's a long time since I've used the IL backend, I'm glad to hear it
> still works, but yes I think we do output both of those wrappers if the
> file contains any pragma foreign_* stuff.

It works for the compilation of the samples I've tested it on, but I haven't
yet managed to make the standard library build against the .NET
Framework/.NET SDK 1.1, meaning that they fail when trying to load
mercury.dll.  I'll try it against 1.0 sometime (which is what is
recommended), and I also want to try it against 2.0, since that is likely to
be standard in Windows Vista (though unsupported by Mono and Dot Gnu for a
while).  Basically, I'm interested in Mercury because it is a pure,
high-level language and can be used with so many different backends, and in
such a versatile way, though I think C is likely to be best for most
applications (and probably faster too).

Jon