[mercury-users] Term manipulations in Mercury -- advice requested

Gregory D. Weber gdweber at indiana.edu
Thu Jul 1 01:13:30 AEST 2004

Ralph Becket writes:
 > Gregory D. Weber, Tuesday,  1 June 2004:
 > > Greetings!  I am interested in using Mercury as the programming language
 > > to develop a first-order rule learning system.  I have done a fair amount
 > > of Scheme and Common Lisp programming and a wee bit of Prolog.
 >
 > Good idea!  Let us know how you get on.

I'm happy to report that I've completed a "toy" version of the rule learning
system in Mercury which works, a sort of "proof of concept" system.
Now I'll be working (with enhanced confidence) on the real thing.

The most difficult conceptual hurdles for me were understanding how
types and modes work for higher-order predicates and functions.

Greg Weber