[mercury-users] Make, environment and linking in cygwin1.dll [was: Wow! It worked on Mingw]

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Feb 11 09:42:27 AEDT 2003

Douglas Auclair, Tuesday, 11 February 2003:

> I find it troubling that the Mercury system expects certain things to be at
> certain places (e.g. mercury_compile must be at (or be symbolically linked
> to) /usr/local/<version>/bin/<architecture>/).

You can change this using the `--prefix=<directory path>' option to
configure when installing.  For example, to install in /foo/bar you
would use `./configure --prefix=/foo/bar'; installing will then place
all the executables and so forth in /foo/bar/bin, the libraries in
/foo/bar/lib and so forth.

	Ralph