[mercury-users] socket support in io

Juergen Stuber juergen at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Mon Oct 4 03:25:52 AEST 1999

Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

> 	- Move the RTTI stuff from std_util.m into a separate module

I think it would be a good idea to split std_util into separate
modules, one for each type, even if these get rather small.
Often I need only one of them, and it is easier to always use
the name of the type also for the module than to remember they
are in std_util.

Also I would like to see the builtin types `character', `int',
`float', and `string' treated like any other type; they should be
qualified by some module, preferably the corresponding module of the
standard library.  This would make things more consistent and allow
to reuse their names (say for unicode__character).

Cheers

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen at mpi-sb.mpg.de>