[m-dev.] Branch for 20.06 release

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Mon Jun 1 16:07:32 AEST 2020

Hi Zoltan,

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:

> Realistically, if you want a feature freeze by june 14, then neither
> getting type repns from .int files nor argument packing are likely
> to get in under the wire.
>
> Is there some particular reason you want this in by June 14?

No particularly, I just needed a date and a time window for anyone to
finish off any work that would be going into the release.

> Wouldn't a 20.07 release be just as good in terms of "two releases
> a year"?

Delaying the branch until the beginning of July is fine by me; any
objections?

What I want to avoid is continually delaying the release because
"it will be ready in a couple of weeks".  That's how we end up
with five years between releases.

Julien.