[m-dev.] automated testing

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Fri Aug 3 13:41:08 AEST 2018

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 04:19:36AM +0200, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 02:13:51 +0000 (UTC), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
> > > We now have a VPS running bootchecks of the latest ROTD in various
> > > grades. The results can be viewed at:
> > >
> > >    http://69.12.89.25/
> >
> > Cool, thanks for that!
>
> And a thank you from me as well.
>
> I do have a request and a question. The request is: can you set things up
> so that the diffs output unified diffs? The question is: what selects the output
> on each grade? Should we modify the bootcheck script to put a summary of
> its findings (any diffs between stages 2 and 3, expected and unexpected test
> case failures) into a separate file, so it can be reported as this summary?
>
> > > You can click on the platform or grade names to get the raw log files.
> > >
> > > Can someone point a subdomain at that IP address? (We might spin up a
> > > different instance in a month's time, but it seems to be working fine.)
> >
> > That someone would be Paul (who I believe still control the domain
> > name).
>
> Paul, are you happy to still handle this, or do you want to hand over
> to someone?

So Peter, Julien and I can all manage the DNS hosting.  But at the moment I
control the registration.  I can hand it over to avoid it being a problem
for you if I'm hit by a bus.  I just have to pay the bill once every two
years, and the finances are sorted out for a few years to come now.

I'd be happy to hand it and the money I'm holding over, but I suggest
waiting until it comes up for renewal which is late this year.

--
Paul Bone
http://paul.bone.id.au