[m-dev.] automated testing

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:43:08 AEST 2018

On Thu, 02 Aug 2018 04:19:36 +0200 (CEST), "Zoltan Somogyi" <zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 02:13:51 +0000 (UTC), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
> > > We now have a VPS running bootchecks of the latest ROTD in various
> > > grades. The results can be viewed at:
> > >
> > >    http://69.12.89.25/
> >
> > Cool, thanks for that!
>
> And a thank you from me as well.
>
> I do have a request and a question. The request is: can you set things up
> so that the diffs output unified diffs?

That should be done already. You may have seen context diffs in old
results because I forgot to set DIFF_OPTS. I think we should change the
default to unified diffs.

https://github.com/Mercury-Language/testing/blob/master/scripts/filter_warnings_or_errors.awk

> Should we modify the bootcheck script to put a summary of
> its findings (any diffs between stages 2 and 3, expected and unexpected test
> case failures) into a separate file, so it can be reported as this summary?

Sure, and/or copy them into the per-grade output directory.

Peter