[m-dev.] Almost ready to merge the update_boehm branch

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Tue Sep 29 15:21:03 AEST 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 05:44:25PM +1000, Paul Bone wrote:
> Okay, I've committed the libtool/autotools files for libatomic_ops.  This is
> working.
>
> I've built a source package for testing and put it online
> http://dl.mercurylang.org/tests/mercury-srcdist-test-2015-09-28-newgc.tar.gz
>
> Feel free to test it out.  Next I'll make some performance comparisons for
> Mercury and Prince.

Some performance results using speedtest -l, average of 5 runs with ignore=0

                Boehm version
                7.2     7.4.2
    asm_fast.gc 14.32s  14.04s
    hlc.gc      13.34s  13.30s
    hlc.par.gc  18.86s  19.04s

The variation is a little too high and the results too similar to draw any
concusions.  I'll test them again later with n=20 when I'm not using the
computer for anything else.  However it's safe to say that there's no
sagnificant performance regression.

--
Paul Bone