[m-dev.] Almost ready to merge the update_boehm branch

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Mon Sep 28 17:44:25 AEST 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 05:45:18PM +1000, Paul Bone wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:54:31AM +1000, Julien Fischer wrote:
> >
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > On Wed, 23 Sep 2015, Paul Bone wrote:
> >
> > >I'm almost ready to merge the upgrade_boehm branch.
> > >
> > >Once it's merged you will need to use the prepare.sh script to prepare your
> > >checkout before running configure (see below).
> >
> > When I last looked at this branch there seemed to be a bunch of new tool
> > dependencies, for example libtool.  Is this still the case?  If so, what
> > are the new dependencies?
> >

> I've fixed the other issues except libtool.  I have two options, neither is
> great.
>
>  + Commit generated files to git such as the configure script and Makefiles,
>    note that that's the generated script, not configure.ac.
>
>  + Attempt to generate these files, which ideally should only happen for
>    people checking out from git, not the source distribution.  This adds the
>    dependency of libtool.

Okay, I've committed the libtool/autotools files for libatomic_ops.  This is
working.

I've built a source package for testing and put it online
http://dl.mercurylang.org/tests/mercury-srcdist-test-2015-09-28-newgc.tar.gz

Feel free to test it out.  Next I'll make some performance comparisons for
Mercury and Prince.

Cheers.

--
Paul Bone