[m-dev.] stack segments as default

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Fri Oct 23 12:05:52 AEDT 2015

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:42:46 +1100 (AEDT), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
> * the "stseg" component is specified for all low-level C grades (not just
>    the debugging and deep profiling ones).

We currently denote the distinction between LLDS grades with
and without stack segments in grade names by component names
"" for no stack segments and ".stseg" for stack segments.

I propose that we also allow something like ".nostseg"
to also denote no stack segments. Then, after a transition period,
we should switch the meaning of "" to mean stack segments,
i.e. make stack segments the default.

Zoltan.