[m-dev.] Next Mercury stable release

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Aug 8 16:41:10 AEST 2012

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, Julien Fischer wrote:

> Unless there are any objections the next stable release will
> be 12.08.  We will create the release branch for this release
> on 12 August with the intention of releasing some time towards
> the end of the month.
>
> If anyone has outstanding changes that they feel should go into
> this release but won't be committed before the branch is created
> please let me know.

There are few things that need to be mentioned in the NEWS file as well:

* support for MinGW cross-compiling
* the improvements in the handling of floats, e.g. unboxed floats
   on 32-bit platforms, float registers etc
* enumeration argument packing
* the improvments in support for compiling large programs

Also, it would probably be a good idea to include some of what Paul
has been working on, e.g. the loop control stuff.  I'll leave it
up to him as to what he would like to announce with this release.

Julien.