[m-dev.] errors in Cygwin build 10.04.2

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 18:59:03 AEDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Julien Fischer wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Peter Ross wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Robert Shiplett <grshiplett at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> after
>>>  sh configure
>>>  make
>>>
>> I'm testing now to see if I can reproduce the same error.
>
> I've tried on Windows XP SP3 with Cygwin 1.7.7** and installation proceeds
> normally.  (I've just posted a fix for a problem with the boehm_gc
> directory in the source distribution that may fix the problem.)
>
> ** I'm also trying the same version of Cygwin on Windows 7.

Couldn't reproduce the problem on Windows 7 either.

Robert, could you please try again with a freshly unpacked 10.04.2
tarball and before doing configure; make etc do the following:

    cd boehm_gc/libatomic_ops && make clean

And then delete the following files:

     boehm_gc/libatomic_ops/Makefile
     boehm_gc/libatomic_ops/tests/Makefile
     boehm_gc/libatomic_ops/src/Makefile
     boehm_gc/libatomic_ops/src/atomic_ops/Makefile
     boehm_gc/libatomic_ops/src/config.h
     boehm_gc/libatomic_ops/src/atomic_ops/sysdeps/Makefile

The configure and make as-per normal from the level.

Does that work?

Julien.