[m-dev.] Deep.data and Deep.procrep

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 14:52:42 AEST 2010

On 03/08/10 13:57, Paul Bone wrote:

> So I was chasing a crash in the automatic parallelism analysis that was caused
> by using a different but similar Deep.procrep file.  What I would like is a way
> for the analysis tools (including mdprof_cgi) to assert that the Deep.data and
> Deep.procrep files match (where generated from the same executable) before
> doing any processing.

Assuming you're not really worried about someone going out of their way to
mess this up, how about something much simpler, like writing the file
modification time of the executable file generating these files into each of
these files?  If you really want to be fussy, you could instead write a
cryptographic hash of the executable file into both files, but I imagine the
timestamp would be good enough.

--
Peter Schachte              Ultimately, there's no such thing as
University of Melbourne     "organizational behavior"; it's all behavior of