[m-dev.] grade to be tested for release

Peter Hawkins peter at hawkins.emu.id.au
Wed Jul 21 20:35:34 AEST 2004

Hi...

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 03:46 pm, Julien Fischer wrote:
> Below is the list of grades that need to be tested
> for the release.  We still need to sort out which
> machines are testing what.
>
> (This list currently lives in ~juliensf/release).

Could I repeat my request that the compiler be built using grade hlc.gc by
default in preference to the asm_fast/asm_jump/reg grades? It makes it much
easier to produce a fast, working compiler on weird architectures. In
particular, I'd like the pre-generated C files included in the compiler
package to be grade hlc.gc.

The lack of a debugger, etc. shouldn't matter - surely if you are debugging
the compiler then you won't be working from the pre-compiled C files.

(This is the way I have packaged mercury for debian, but it involves
regenerating the C files myself for every release, which is annoying).

=)
Peter