[m-dev.] Mercury 0.11.1-beta-2004-6-30 on OS X

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Fri Aug 6 05:06:07 AEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:29:57AM -0400, Gregory Wright wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got mercury-0.11.1-beta-2004-06-30 running on OS X, built
> under the darwinports system (similar to FreeBSD ports).  The compiler
> builds to completion, but when I run mercury-tests, there are a few
> errors:
>
> redwing> cat FAILED_TESTS
> debugger/interactive

    This test case just tests if dynamic linking works, so useful but
    not critical.

> hard_coded/parse

    Seems to want to link against -lcrt0.o which seems very strange, not
    sure what is going on here.

> hard_coded/mapped_module.split
> hard_coded/split_c_files.split

    This is testing split c files, which is also not a critical mercury
    feature.

> The runtests.errs file is attached. The operating system is OS X 10.3.4
> on an 800 MHz powerbook G4.
>
> My question is, should I worry about these failures before releasing
> the port, or are they corner cases that most users won't encounter.
> (After all, the port will let the user know that this is a *beta*
> release.)

So my answer is that none of the missing functionallity is critical, so
feel free to commit it to the ports system.

> Any help will be appreciated. My apologies if you get two copies of this
> message; I in the process of subscribing to the list when I submitted
> the
> original.

I cc'd you just incase you aren't yet subscribed to the list.

Regards,
Pete