[m-dev.] Mercury 0.11.1-beta-2004-6-30 on OS X

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 00:29:57 AEST 2004

Hi,

I've got mercury-0.11.1-beta-2004-06-30 running on OS X, built
under the darwinports system (similar to FreeBSD ports).  The compiler
builds to completion, but when I run mercury-tests, there are a few
errors:

redwing> cat FAILED_TESTS
debugger/interactive
hard_coded/parse
hard_coded/mapped_module.split
hard_coded/split_c_files.split
redwing>

The runtests.errs file is attached. The operating system is OS X 10.3.4
on an 800 MHz powerbook G4.

My question is, should I worry about these failures before releasing the
port, or are they corner cases that most users won't encounter. (After
all,
the port will let the user know that this is a *beta* release.)

Any help will be appreciated. My apologies if you get two copies of this
message; I in the process of subscribing to the list when I submitted
the
original.

Best Wishes,
Greg