[m-dev.] release status

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 13 00:24:55 AEDT 2002

On 12-Nov-2002, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> I think the tasks on Zoltan's list
>
> 	- printing I/O actions from the debugger [done??]
> 	- controlling retries across I/O [done]
> 	- making streams identifiable from the debugger [done??]
> 	- getting all test cases to pass in deep profiling grades with strict
> 	  invariant checking [done]
>
> are all done, but I would appreciate clarification with regard to the
> two marked "[done??]".

The diffs for the first two are committed.

For the third diff, I have finished the changes required for the C backends,
but concluded (after talking to Tyson) that making the changes for the .NET
backends will be more complicated than I thought, so I will finish it after
the release.

I have committed a diff that I thought us allowed to pass all test cases in
deep profiling grades with strict invariant checking, but we still fail
a recently added test case; see a separate message I posted a few hours ago.

There was a much larger task on my list, fixing the deep profiler. I have
just finished the full proposed diff, and I will post it after the next
bootcheck.

The diff I will post won't include changes to the installation of the deep
profiler, because I want to discuss the issues involved with you in person,
preferably sometime thursday.

Zoltan.