[m-dev.] syntax proposals

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 8 11:11:42 AEDT 2001

> I would argue that this means that we got the module system
> syntax wrong, not the other way round. ML uses a single syntactic
> entity for module declarations, and it is nice.

Hey, Mercury doesn't even make a single *predicate* or *function* a single
syntactic entity.  It sounds like you're launching into a wholesale redesign
of the Mercury syntax.  That'll make the syntax wars we've had to date look
like Playschool.

Still, redesign may not be a bad idea:  it seems to be taken seriously, a
language has to have a syntax that looks like C :-).

--
Peter Schachte              The only thing that makes life possible is
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing