[m-dev.] why is mercury_mcpp.h in DOS format?

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jan 15 12:26:43 AEDT 2001

On 15-Jan-2001, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Well, it needs to be omitted from the HDR_CHEC_OBJS regardless of
> whether it gets renamed.

Yes, but if we restricted HDR to contain only C header files, this would happen
automatically, since HDR_CHECK_OBJS is computed from HDR.

> Naming C++ header files as *.h is a pretty standard practice.
> I think it's clear enough from the file name and the comments at the
> top of the file that this is MC++, not C.

Whether it is a standard practice is not the point. The question is whether we
should adopt this standard practice or some other standard practice (since
there are so many to choose from). For example, the Aditi project uses .hh for
C++ header files and .cc for C++ source files.

Zoltan.