[m-dev.] why is mercury_mcpp.h in DOS format?

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jan 15 12:02:26 AEDT 2001

On 15-Jan-2001, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 14-Jan-2001, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > mercury_mcpp.h:
> > 	Convert this file to UNIX format.
>
> However, the file is of course still in MC++, not C. It therefore fails the
> namespace check in bootcheck.
>
> Either the file should be renamed to have a different suffix, or it should be
> omitted from the HDR_CHECK_OBJS list of header files checked by compiling with
> a C compiler. I prefer the former.

Well, it needs to be omitted from the HDR_CHEC_OBJS regardless of
whether it gets renamed.

Naming C++ header files as *.h is a pretty standard practice.
I think it's clear enough from the file name and the comments at the
top of the file that this is MC++, not C.