[m-dev.] where does one unpack extras and tests?

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 12 23:27:27 AEST 2001

> where does one unpack extras and tests?

Anywhere you like.

The only part of our distribution which cares at all is the
tools/bootcheck script.  The tools/bootcheck script works better if the
tests are unpacked into a directory named `tests' that is either parallel
to the `library', `compiler', etc.  directories, or one level up.

On 12-Apr-2001, Terrence Brannon <princepawn at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I got the extras and tests and compiler ROTD (4-10). And then I did a
> gzip -dc *compiler* | tar xvf -
>
> but then I mv'ed extras and tests into the directory created by the
> above command and then
>
> gzip -dc *extra* | tar xvf -
> gzip -dc *tests* | tar xvf -
>
> but this creates under the compiler root tree, 2 directories:
> mercury-extras-rotd-2001-04-10
> mercury-tests-rotd-2001-04-10

So if you want our usual arrangement, just do

	mv mercury-tests-rotd-2001-04-10 tests
	mv mercury-extras-rotd-2001-04-10 extras

after the steps above.