[m-dev.] where does one unpack extras and tests?

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 12 22:45:40 AEST 2001

On 12-Apr-2001, Terrence Brannon <princepawn at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I got the extras and tests and compiler ROTD (4-10). And then I did a
> gzip -dc *compiler* | tar xvf -
>
> but then I mv'ed extras and tests into the directory created by the
> above command and then
>
> gzip -dc *extra* | tar xvf -
> gzip -dc *tests* | tar xvf -
>
> but this creates under the compiler root tree, 2 directories:
> mercury-extras-rotd-2001-04-10
> mercury-tests-rotd-2001-04-10
>
> but my guess is that the stuff under the above 2 directories should
> actually be one more level up. ie, i should do:
>
> cd mercury-extras-rotd-2001-04-10; mv * ..
> cd mercury-tests-rotd-2001-04-10 ; mv * ..

I'm not sure I understand excatly what you have done, but usually we have:

mercury (or mercury-rotd-...... or whatever)
	compiler
	library
	runtime
	extras
	tests

However I think you can put tests at the same level as mercury too.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.