[m-dev.] agenda for mercury meeting

schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Nov 11 00:29:10 AEDT 2000

>     - discussion of stream library and what to do with it

It might be better to hold off including any new type class-based
libraries until all (or at least many) of them are at least designed.
We'll want to have a hierarchy of type classes, which means they should
really be designed together and introduced in one grand library mark 2
(like STL for C++).  For example, I think streams should be a
specialization of sequences, so any operations on sequences will work
for streams.

--
Peter Schachte                     The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        teaching should, therefore, be regarded