[m-dev.] for review: make anonymous remote CVS access available.

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Aug 9 17:59:28 AEST 2000

On 09-Aug-2000, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > Last time I checked, there were problems with enabling `-N' by default,
> > since `cvs diff -N' crashed if a file had been deleted.
>
> I've used it for years and never encountered a problem.  So perhaps it
> has been fixed (or perhaps I've never encountered exactly the right
> situation).

I believe this only happened on cyclone, not on the Linux machines.
I also seem to recall that the crash only happened with earlier versions
of CVS. (Which would explain the immunity of our Linux machines: I don't think
they ever ran versions of CVS old enough to have the problem.) I just tested
"cvs diff -N" on cyclone, which now has CVS 1.10.7, and it worked fine
in the presence of a deleted file.

Zoltan.