[m-dev.] delaying compile errors until runtime

schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Dec 24 00:04:58 AEDT 1999

On 23 Dec, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> On 23-Dec-1999, Mark Anthony BROWN <dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

>> Perhaps instead there should be a warning generated if the option
>> is used unnecessarily---that is, if the option is used but there
>> are no compilation errors.
>
> That would be better.
> I suppose they might notice the warning when they do finally get
> the code to compile without errors, and then turn off the option.

There's something perverse about getting a warning because you don't
have any errors in your code.

--
Peter Schachte                | I have made this a rather long letter
mailto:pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU       | because I haven't had time to make it