[m-dev.] delaying compile errors until runtime

Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK rejj at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Dec 23 14:47:33 AEDT 1999

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> > Perhaps instead there should be a warning generated if the option
> > is used unnecessarily---that is, if the option is used but there
> > are no compilation errors.
>
> That would be better.
> I suppose they might notice the warning when they do finally get
> the code to compile without errors, and then turn off the option.

I believe the original problem raised by Mark was that people can (and
therefore will) forget to turn off this option... :)

nevertheless, I think it would be a usefull thing to have.

rob