[m-dev.] diff: remove support for `:- assertion' declarations.

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Dec 5 20:36:53 AEDT 1999

On 05-Dec-1999, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 05-Dec-1999, Peter Ross <petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > On 05-Dec-1999, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > >
> > > You also need to tag the files with that tag, at the right time (just
> > > before you committed this change).  I tried to bootstrap something and
> > > this foiled my plans.
> > >
> > I thought I did do that, what did I actually do?
>
> Only you can answer that question, grasshopper.

We all have much to learn, mosquito ;-)

> I have no idea what you actually did, but there is no tag by that name
> in the repository.  The xor bootstrap tag is the last bootstrapping
> tag.  You need to tag around 6:30pm on 16/11/99.

Pete did in fact tag the files (using `cvs tag', as it happens,
not `cvs rtag') exactly as he said in his log message:

| with the tag bootstrap_19991116_promise_decls in the compiler and library
| directories.                                         ^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^^^

The problem is that part of his change was to `configure.in', which is
not in the compiler or library directory.