[m-dev.] diff: minimal model tabling, part 3

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Apr 20 19:43:30 AEST 1999

> (1) Shouldn't that check for `.mm' rather than `mm'?

It doesn't matter.

> (2) Currently we don't test or install the `.mm' grades in the
>     nightly tests.  So this will mean that the $(NONDET_PROGS)
>     will currently not be tested at all, unless you do so manually.

Yes. That is exactly the tradeoff you wanted.

> > +MCFLAGS-seq 			= --use-minimal-model
>
> It is not necessary because you already check that the grade
> contains `mm'.

I deleted those.

> tests/valid/Mmakefile
> > +GRADEFLAGS-complex_failure	= --use-trail
> > +GRADEFLAGS-semi_fail_in_non_ite	= --use-trail
>
> This is not necessary, since you already checked that the
> grade contains `.mm'.

But we haven't tested whether the grade contains .tr, and we shouldn't,
because the test is not whether the resulting executable works (it wouldn't,
due to grade mismatches with the runtime), but whether the compilation gets
an internal error or not. All I did was change the name of the make
variable containing the flag from MCFLAGS-complex_failure to
GRADEFLAGS-complex_failure, since this is closer to the truth.

Zoltan.