Things seg faulting everywhere

Andrew Bromage bromage at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 15 10:54:58 AEST 1998

G'day all.

I wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't test it on other machines just now since
> everything that I compile on non-alpha machines (tested: hydra,
> mercury, kryten) stack dumps.

Sorry, that should have read "seg faults".

Here's the test for reproduction purposes:

<<
hydra /home/mercury1/bromage/mercury/samples % mmake realclean
hydra /home/mercury1/bromage/mercury/samples % mmake hello.depend
hydra /home/mercury1/bromage/mercury/samples % mmake hello
[Report includes:
/home/mercury/public/mercury-latest/i586-unknown-linux/bin/ml: /bin/mkfifo: No such file or directory
Looks suspicious, but it shouldn't cause the following error...]
hydra /home/mercury1/bromage/mercury/samples % ./hello

*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
PC at signal: 134549419 (8050fab)
address involved: 0xfffffff4
You can get a stack dump by using `--low-level-debug'
exiting from signal handler

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage