[m-dev.] For review: Add implementation of reference types (global heap)

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jun 9 16:14:47 AEST 1998

On 09-Jun-1998, Warwick Harvey <wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au> wrote:
> Fergus wrote:
> > OK, you've convinced me ;-)
>
> So they stay as they were?

Yep.

> I wrote:
> > > MixedCaseIdentifiers like MR_untrail_reason?  ;-)
>
> Fergus wrote:
> > Yeah, I noticed that.  Please feel free to fix that one too ;-)
>
> Wouldn't that tick a lot of people off?  Or is the trailing interface not
> really used by many people (outside of the Mercury repository)?

I think currently the trailing interface is not yet widely used.

But if you change this, you should keep the following around:

	/* for backwards compatibility */
	typedef MR_UntrailReason MR_untrail_reason;