[m-dev.] For review: Add implementation of reference types (global heap)

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Tue Jun 9 15:36:04 AEST 1998

Fergus wrote:
> On 09-Jun-1998, Peter Schachte <pets at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> > Another way to look at it is that *in principle* store and tr_store could
> > (and I would argue, should) be the same type or type class, with the Mercury
> > compiler choosing the right implementation based on usage.  But it would
> > never make sense to merge reference and nb_reference into a single type or
> > type class.
>
> OK, you've convinced me ;-)

So they stay as they were?

Fergus wrote:
> Yeah, I noticed that.  Please feel free to fix that one too ;-)

Wouldn't that tick a lot of people off?  Or is the trailing interface not
really used by many people (outside of the Mercury repository)?

Fergus wrote:
> I'd be happy to go with Mixed_Case_With_Underscores for C type names,
> so long as this is done consistently.  But making that change
> would be quite a bit of work.

I assume the hard bit would be compiling a list of all the C type names.
Changing them would just be lots of calls to gres, wouldn't it?  :-)

Of course, you also have to consider all the people who are working on
checked out versions of files that would be changed...

Warwick