[m-dev.] Re: proposed command set for the internal trace based debugger

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jun 12 17:06:31 AEST 1998

On 12-Jun-1998, Peter Schachte <pets at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> > initial_exit_at_next_level
> > First exit *on current successful execution path* at next level.
>
> Is this meant to be used at a call port?  Isn't it just creep, then skip?

I think the idea is that it is meant to be used at an exit port.
It's a bit like retry, then creep, then skip, except that
the retry doesn't go back to the call port, it goes to the most recently
entered redo port for this call.

This altered retry command (perhaps it could be called "redo")
would be useful in its own right.

> > subsequent_exit_at_this_level
> > Assuming we are currently at an exit on the right path, this will just
> > take ust to the next exit at this level.
>
> Isn't this just creep, then skip?
>
> One thing I notice in your overall command set is that it seems to
> concentrate on erroneous solutions.  How do you find an inadmissible
> goal if you're always looking at exit ports?

Well, the user can always use the "retry" command at the exit port
for an inadmissible goal.