[m-dev.] Debian package of Mercury 0.7

David Matthew OVERTON dmo at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Sep 9 23:46:16 AEST 1997

Tyson Richard DOWD wrote:

> No, they aren't (see README.Linux for details of why). Shared libs seem
> to work ok on my box, though.

I tried out the Debian package on my Linux box tonight.  Shared libs
seem to be working there too (once I had a look at README.Linux from
the source distribution to get the right options :).

> There are a few more things that need to be done before I can upload it
> 	- compile using libc6 (ugh)
> 	- install README.Linux in /usr/doc (probably a few other files
> 	  too).
> 	- ask and then wait for them to give me an account on master.

One other thing I noticed is missing: the release notes that are installed
in /usr/doc/mercury/RELEASE_NOTES.gz mention that the distribution
contains ``some extra libraries'' (for CGI, Tk, OpenGL and complex
numbers), but this stuff isn't included in the Debian package.

David
--
      David Overton              |  4th Year Software Engineering
 dmo at students.cs.mu.oz.au        |  Department of Computer Science