[m-dev.] Debian package of Mercury 0.7

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Sep 9 12:56:57 AEST 1997

David Glen JEFFERY wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There's a Debian package in ~trd/mercury_0.7-1_i386.deb, for Debian
> > GNU/Linux using libc5.
> >
> > I think I've fixed a bug with the debian build scripts that put the
> > wrong paths into the .so shared libraries, but I haven't had time to
> > test this yet. The package certainly installs and runs ok.
> >
> > I'd be grateful for any beta-testers.
>
> It installs fine for me, and a few basic programs seem to work fine.
>
> I'm not sure if I was using shared libraries, though. (I installed it last
> night at home, and I'm at uni now so can't check). Are shared libraries turned
> on by default? If not, maybe I should check that too before we send it to
> debian.org.

No, they aren't (see README.Linux for details of why). Shared libs seem
to work ok on my box, though.

There are a few more things that need to be done before I can upload it
	- compile using libc6 (ugh)
	- install README.Linux in /usr/doc (probably a few other files
	  too).
	- ask and then wait for them to give me an account on master.

No big rush - we can put an un-official package on our website or ftp
site for libc5 pretty soon.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #          Another great idea from the
                            #            people who brought you