[m-users.] An interaction with ChatGPTs "Code Copilot"

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 17:33:26 AEST 2024

I tried CoPilot for two weeks before throwing it out. The amount of code it offered was growing ever larger (Python, for Django) and taking me longer to read and make sure it made sense. A lot of times it didn't or relied on a context I didn't have at that point in my code.

As for the FORTH code I asked it for one day over lunch... oh dear.

I wish the media would realise that LLM, as Richard states, are just parrots trained on a lot of raw code, both correct and incorrect.

Squawk!