[m-users.] ODBC library in parallel grades

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Wed Mar 1 02:58:33 AEDT 2023

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 16:35:23 +0100, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
> I'm getting the impression that the ODBC library doesn't work in parallel
> grades. Doing a transaction hangs. Even if no threads, except for the main
> program, is used. Is this correct ..?

The ODBC library was given to the Mercury project by its authors
in 1997, which was before parallel grades existed. It has seen
very little maintenance since then. Even if it did work in parallel
grades, it would be only be by accident.

If you want to use this library in that environment, I think you
will have to make it work yourself; I don't believe any of the
current members of the Mercury project have ever done any
but incidental maintenance on it.

Zoltan.