[m-users.] A list of Mercury resources

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sat Nov 19 23:05:51 AEDT 2022

Hi!

Am Samstag, dem 19.11.2022 um 00:07 -0800 schrieb M McDonough:
> > On 18 Nov 2022, at 13:58, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
> >
> > This doesn't look bad. It resembles a litte Haskell's Cabal system. I'm
> > wondering if this project is still alive. You say it's still online. I
> > mean,
> > are mmc-get and the website still being maintained? How is the
> > acceptance by
> > package authors? I've counted 45 packages, which don't include the 35
> > "extras" packages in the Mercury distribution.
> >
> > If so, it should be prominently mentioned on the mercurylang.org site.
> >
> > A Mercury resources list could still make sense, because it also would
> > include resources other than software packages. Such as Fabrice Nicol's
> > docker packages of the Mercury compiler. And it could mention
> > collections of
> > resources, such as the Documentation page at mercurylang.org or the
> > "Packages" website (which seems to have no good name) itself.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Volker
>
> Honestly I forgot all about this (even though it has some of my very
> old stuff in it). I definitely think we could do better about
> gathering Mercury resources, most of my newer (and less crappy) stuff
> isn't on that list and isn't even on github (I mostly moved to OSDN
> over the last three years). I had expected that would hurt
> discoverability, but honestly I'm unsure anyone has really used any of
> my Mercury code from either site so I'm unconvinced that has mattered.

You aren't the creator of mmc-get and that website, are you? (The Github
name is "jrfondren".) Yes, we could and should do better about gathering
Mercury resources. About community-oriented things.

Maybe a simple web page with a list of resources would be the best for now.
As long as it is linked prominently on the mercurylang.org site.

That "Packages" website seems to be abandoned. And there's no way to list
the registered packages in the browser. It looks like the site hasn't
exceeded the initial state.

Cheers,
Volker