[m-users.] Spawning external process

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 23:37:57 AEST 2022

J Fondren: https://github.com/jrfondren/mmc-doc <https://github.com/jrfondren/mmc-doc>

I have a really nice setup for Mercury, that little utility is a god send when I was learning Mercury 2 and a bit years ago. I still use it all the time, I alias it to 'mdoc' from the shell.

I have also written a little starter utility, it was my first 'decent' M<ercury program, I use it all the time. It creates Makefile stubs and blank stubs as when I first started learning, it just seemed a bit of a pain to have to type all the same stuff over and over...and automation is very satisfying too!

    $ mcnew stub eric > eric.m
    $ mcnew makefile eric > Makefile

https://github.com/emacstheviking/mcnew <https://github.com/emacstheviking/mcnew>

and this I integrated into my custom Mercury mode I made from the nano prolog style:

https://github.com/emacstheviking/mercury-pberr <https://github.com/emacstheviking/mercury-pberr>

I have a very nice nano development environment because of all of those things.
And now a literate programming tool almost done.

Thanks again everybody for your constantly great help.
Sean