[m-users.] 22.01 beta release available

Fabrice Nicol fabrnicol at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:13:00 AEDT 2022

Hi Julien,

> Ah. Alert definitely NOT lifted.
>>
>> ROTDs and the beta release, ** on GitHub's release section ** do NOT
>> have mercury_compile.c under compiler/
>
> No, when git was importing the source distributions into the
> mercury-srcdist repository it was not including any files that matched
> patterns in .gitignore files; this unfortunately included all of the .c
> files in the compiler directory.  I've fixed / updated the script that
> does this, so rotd-2022-01-26 on github should be correct.  (This was
> working in the past, so I'm not quite sure what changed.)
>
> This seems to have been broken for a while, however no-one complained

Probably most users either install through their their OS package
manager, or download from the official page or already have a Mercury
compiler in their PATH, otherwise they would not have been able to build
from source at all from GH tagged packages.

So they did not complain and neither did I. The one who complained
actually was the GH Actions workflow that I'm using to build and push
the Docker images to Docker Hub. It crashed when I switched the URLs to
GH tags, for a test.

I can confirm the ROTD tagged 2022-01-26 configures and builds fine in a
clean Linux environment.

And, well, from Europe, good night ;)

Fabrice